Rover 3.5 V8 on to a LT77 gear box it will not fit please Help

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Badlandy

Rover 3.5 V8 on to a LT77 gear box it will not fit please Help

Post by Badlandy »

I'm fitting a 3.5 v8 into my landy which had a dirty 200tdi engine I have now removed this and changed the bell housing on the LT77 box to a range rover type I have offered the engine in to sort the mounting position but the engine will not sit all the way in the bell housing. Not sure if its the clutch cover is hitting the steel shaft which the release bearing slides along or the actual spline is to long. The engine has a sd1 flywheel fitted so the clutch and cover seems smaller than a normal v8 clutch. The clutch cover has an added piece to the tips of the forks which the release bearing sits against I am unable to slide this over the tube / shaft which the release bearing sits on do I need to shorten this tube if so by how much and will this effect anything else like clutch travel???????

Badlandy

Re: Rover 3.5 V8 on to a LT77 gear box it will not fit please Help

Post by Badlandy »

20200427_182726.jpg

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

The clutch pressure plate shouldn't have that pad fitted in the centre.

Badlandy

Post by Badlandy »

That's what I thought to be fair, Any idea if it can be removed or is it a new clutch cover not sure what the replacement 1 would be though?

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

It would be a new pressure plate. The pressure plate would depend on which LT77 and flywheel you are using. If you're using a Range Rover LT77 I reckon you would need to use the RR flywheel, and that will give you a bigger clutch. Did the engine come out of a Series land rover that had been converted to a V8?

Badlandy

Post by Badlandy »

Its a land rover 90 v8 with a sd1 lightened flywheel (so I believe) the gearbox is a 200tdi with a now fitted range rover bell-housing

Badlandy

Post by Badlandy »

Just to add the 200tdi engine and box which was in my landy I took out of a range rover which had been converted from petrol to dirty diesel. I have now removed the 200tdi but left the gearbox in as want to run a V8 again I changed the bell housing to suit the engine do I need to change anything else for this to work?

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”