Advice sought, lt-77 remote spacers

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Hewn

Advice sought, lt-77 remote spacers

Post by Hewn »

Hi guys, would anyone be willing to tell me how long the spacers are which slot into the uppermost two rubber/poly bushes and ensure they are clamped just so, rather than squished to death? Thanks in advance and undying respect and adulation to follow :D

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Advice sought, lt-77 remote spacers

Post by GDCobra »

Hewn wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 am
Hi guys, would anyone be willing to tell me how long the spacers are which slot into the uppermost two rubber/poly bushes and ensure they are clamped just so, rather than squished to death? Thanks in advance and undying respect and adulation to follow :D
I have some in the garage , I'll pop out and measure this evening.
I was just thinking of this yesterday and how I replaced my bushes with aluminium items, I don't notice any additional harshness in feel and noise is not an issue in my car.

Hewn

Post by Hewn »

Thank you, I might do what you have done with aluminium, less weight more speed! The way my remote was mounted had to be seen to be believed, involving random big fat rubber doughnuts and a very long spacer on one side and metal to metal on the other!!! Knowing the correct length is a good start :D

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

The ones which enter sideways (supporting the bridge) are 13.25mm.
Those entering longways are 21.7mm

I fitted poly bushes but a year later one of them had disintegrated (maybe due to my fitting, I was doing it from under the car gynecologist style).

Hewn

Post by Hewn »

Thanks GDC, that's a massive help!

minorv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by minorv8 »

I fitted poly bushes but a year later one of them had disintegrated (maybe due to my fitting, I was doing it from under the car gynecologist style).
Couple of years ago I had some problems with the gear changes and thought that I need to adjust the gear stick location. Found out that I had next to nothing left of the rubber bushes. I replaced them with poly ones and also did it from underneath. The fact that I fabricated the floor pretty tight around the box did not help at all.

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”