Ford T5 input shaft housing

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Seight-V8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Ford T5 input shaft housing

Post by Seight-V8 »

Hello all,

Does anyone know if the Ford T5 and the cosworth t5 gearbox input shafts housings are the same outer diameters or are they different.?

My cosworth t5 input shaft housing is 33.60mm diameter on the outside.

Wanting to fit a concentric slave but need to know if the American t5 one will fit first as it's 400 quid from America.

Cheers Scott.

mike-b
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mike-b »

Hi Scott, They are different so is the input bearing retainer diameter and the box support where it would secure to your gearbox cross member.
I assume your cossie box is 1352 -184 your Ford T5 1352-251 (mustang job).

I have just done this job myself.
Front bearing retainer Cosworth 184 = 118 mm ......Ford 124 mm ( both approx ) You can have the 118 bell cut out to the 124 mm. The throw out system will fit in Ok.

The Ford T5 requires a throw out system and yes your looking at £400. I used the Tilton 6000 series part No. 60-6104 - they are brilliant and easy to fit, very smooth clutch, but as you know ... expensive.
I use and only need a standard Sd1 size clutch, if you are the same then a 10-spline plate from A.P. racing part No. CP 2346-70 is required.
At the bottom of the 251 box the two holes used to secure box to cross member are different as well, They are further apart and the left one is 15mm higher than the right one. The Mustang fits them leaning to the left, yours will be level - bit of a sod but do-able.

Give me a shout if I can help more..... Mike
Mike B Drives a 1984 Mk2 Granada ghia V8.

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

I made a flange that I welded to the tube that sticks out of the bearing housing so that I could mount a cheapo slave to it. It took a lot of machining on my lathe to get everything right but it worked out pretty good in the end.
Last edited by sidecar on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike-b
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mike-b »

Scott,

Have a look at "V8tuner" lead found on this site Paul does them and its UK.
Mike B Drives a 1984 Mk2 Granada ghia V8.

Seight-V8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Seight-V8 »

I've looked on v8tuner a few times.....but think I might need the tilton
60-6100 (universal) slave bearing instead of the 60-6104 if I'm using the cosworth input shaft housing....

As the universal one has the treaded adjuster with a 1ins hole that can be machined out to match the input shaft housing outer diameter.

Might pay to ring them and enquire, as its 3 weeks delivery from America...

cheers

scott

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”