WON Mini Max

General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

WON Mini Max

Post by mgbv8 »

I just got my new controller. A nice easy fit for this weekend I hope.
I'm going to try it out at the Pod next Saturday, and Sunday (24th/25th) if I dont snap another axle.
Anyone going down for the RWYB on Sat or the Fast Show on Sunday?

I also seem to have got my 6AL system working well now. If I crank it with the coil lead pulled off, the bright blue spark will jump at least 2.5 inches out of the coil HT connection to find an earth path.

I must say I'm quite impressed with this CD ignition system.

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Do tell us how you get on :)

I was going to be down for that one but I'll be missing it due to other arrangements....so next time!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I'm going to have a real try this time. I've got nowt to lose. The engine was damaged last time out, and I have a new 4.6 lump waiting to go in. So if it chucks a rod or two, I dont mind. I'm trying a 200 shot off the new controller this time.
I'll start at 150, and if it dont break, I'll up it to 200.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

The new controller works a treat. I gave it a few runs today, 2nd gear rolling starts with a 200 shot. And she took it well.
I should have some fun with this next weekend. I reckon a 35% start with an 8 second ramp up time should do the trick, or break the engine!! Either way, I just hope one of my mates gets it on Video.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

After a few test runs at the Ford RS club day out at the Pod on Sunday. I decided to drop the gas from a 150 shot to a 100 shot and set the start power to 50% with a build time of 2.3 seconds. This gave me a PB of 12.6 at 112.5 mph. I didnt realise my old car would handle such good launches.
I got 14 runs in total and ran nearly ran out of gas and petrol. I'm going back for more asap. The old MGB creamed a shed load of RS Fords.

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

Was a good day out, Perry.

Still cant believe how hard your car pulls as it crosses the line.
I love the view of the back of the scoop too! :D

Infact, after seeing that stabiliser bar on your car... i ordered one from clive yesterday :)
Image -JC.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Another one hooked on the gas eh??

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

maybe... i'd really like a chevvy LS1 so the power is there all the time instead of between refills! ;)
Image -JC.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

JC
A tuned RV8 will fulfill your needs mate.
My engine is only a low comp pre SD1 with comp gaskets so I have a CR of around 8 to 1 which is pretty low.
When you feel a 3.9 or 4.6 on high comp without gas you will know what I mean.
When you feel my 4.6 on gas you will be very happy.

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

I have to agree in some respects - the numbers don't tell the whole story!

Gas is the next stopoff for me, once I get the interior and cooling totally sorted, as well as some new tires and something to locate that back axle a bit better :lol:

Keep the economy, flexibility and manners of the standard engine, with a whole lotta go when you really need it - what more could you ask for?

Downhill spiral from there on though I guess :lol:

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

You should have alook at Lewis's car JC. You think its a bit tight fitting the V8 in an MGB?. Lewis has made a nice job of hiding it all away in his Triumph with no bonnet bulges etc.

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

Ive seen all the videos on YouTube!
Its a cracking looking car.
Image -JC.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

hi guys,
can we keep this on topic regarding the minimax please,
feel free to start a new topic on the forum
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

OK
Back to the plot. I have been having some niggly probs with the controller not starting. Pretty sure its just a naff TPS / cheap microswitch. I was pedaling the throttle to try and click it back in on a couple of runs. I was wondering if I got stuck, could I link out the microswitch to give a permanent earth feed, and then just flick the arming switch to initiate the cycle. The answer was yes. If the TPS loop is closed, you can start the control cycle by arming the switch. Very dangerous to do it this way I know, but at least if I have a worry about a dodgy switch again, its a good test to provde the TPS is naff by getting to WOT and arming the control.

I've just found a waterproof microswitch to try. Mind you, this old switch has been on for 4 years.

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”