Vogas Sequential system

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Dangerdoc

Vogas Sequential system

Post by Dangerdoc »

Have any of you out there fitted a Vogas Sequential Injection LPG system or a OMVL Dream XX1 Sequential Injection system to a 3.5l V8 engine, particularly on a range rover classic.

I have Emmegas at the mo with a horrible vapouriser. As this is a new engine I am not going to re-install the crappy Emmegas system and I am looking to put an injection system on this one.

The current EFi system is the flapper one. RPI (we know they are more like RIP though for the hard sell and money they charge), say the OMVL Dream XX1 is ideal for this setup but wondering if the Vogas is any good.

Let me know please.

Doc

yorkshire-spam

Post by yorkshire-spam »

No experience with Vogas, sorry.
Just wondering why you are going for a sequential system rather than the closed loop route.
I had an open loop on a RR 3.9 and then a closed loop on a zetec (non-v8 I know...) now I have a BiGAS SGIS on a V6 as my everyday runner and I can't say I'm that impressed with the sequential system... just wondering?

Dangerdoc

now totally confused

Post by Dangerdoc »

Hi Y-Spam,

Well ta for that but..... (whmper)..........

I am now totally confused. I have limited knowledge of LPG systems but now I am completely lost in all respects.

What are the differences with Bigas (is this a form of sexually confused gas?), open loop, closed loop, help - now not got clue at all.

I emailed RIP and they suggested I phone them - but their non-comittal to a written response makes me suspicious. I know they are pretty good, well actually I don't but the apparent view is that they are, and it just adds to the confusion.

Can you kindly explain what all that response means and also the key differences. That'd help a lot.

Doc

yorkshire-spam

Post by yorkshire-spam »

Ok....
LPG systems split nicely into 2 categories:
Single point.
Multipoint sequential.

In single point systems the gas is vapourised (in a vapouriser like an OMVL R90e) then a vapour pipe with a tune-able restrictor connects to a mixer in the air inlet (usually some form of venturi ring). In an open loop system the restrictor is fixed, you tune it to the best compromise setting. In a closed loop system a little box of tricks connects to the lambda probe (and sometimes other stuff like the and an electronic valve (the restrictor) and constantly varies the restrictor to give an optimum mixture (usually improving top end performance and low-end economy)
You also get a little box of tricks (often called emulators) that pretend they are the petrol injectors... so that the ECU is happy when you are running on gas and to stop the petrol getting injected as well as the LPG.

In multipoint systems basically you add a new ECU, cut into the fuel injection wires and use the pulses for the injectors to drive a second set of valves/injectors - these are plumbed in to an LPG supply with a "reducer" in it (it's very similar to the vapouriser in the above single point system) The ECU tries to map the petrol injection timings to optimum LPG "injection" timings.

Personally on a rover v8 I'd go for single point..... unless you have a very late high capacity engine. (4+ litres THOR or whatever)

OVERLANDER

Emmergas closed loop ystem

Post by OVERLANDER »

Hi, Does anybody out there have a interface that they are willing to sell. My car will not change over to gas so having to run a v8 on petrol no joke a around 12mph.

Mike :(

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

What do you mean by 'interface' ?

My Dream XXI has a serial interface on a lead that I hide under the passenger seat. This just hooks directly up to a laptop (maybe via a USB-RS232 converter), and the I run the free software from FES Autogas.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

OVERLANDER

Post by OVERLANDER »

ChrisJC wrote:What do you mean by 'interface' ?

My Dream XXI has a serial interface on a lead that I hide under the passenger seat. This just hooks directly up to a laptop (maybe via a USB-RS232 converter), and the I run the free software from FES Autogas.

Chris.
Meant Softwear.

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply In the Passenger Footwell there is a 16 Pin OBD11 socket were you can connect between the cars Diagnostics Socket and a laptop. I am looking for the softwear and cable so i can access this

Mike.

softdash3.9
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by softdash3.9 »

yorkshire-spam wrote: now I have a BiGAS SGIS on a V6 as my everyday runner and I can't say I'm that impressed with the sequential system... just wondering?
I run the same system on my RRC 3.9 have done for @ 7 years 60k miles + no problem.....so far :D
Regards
Royston

Return to “LPG Section”