Hello New Builder in Sheffield

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

r1_pete

Hello New Builder in Sheffield

Post by r1_pete »

Hi All,

I'm Pete from Sheffield, and have a bit of a history with V8s, did a 302cu Capri way back in 1979, and a couple of V8 MGBs in the mid 90s.

I'm about to start collecting the parts to fit an RV8 into my Porsche 944, not sure which variant yet, but only looking for 200 ish BHP, would have liked to go the Renegade LS route but the economics are against me until Sterling recovers considerably more.

1967 4.2 E Type with custom EFI
1988 Porsche 944 collecting V8 conversion bits

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

200 bhp is pretty well standard Vitesse 3.5 or 3.9, give or take. I'd use the hotwire injection as a basis but with MS and wasted spark from a crank trigger. MS3 and a modified dizzy for cam signal if you want sequential. Very easy way to a cheap and reliable 200 bhp - or slightly more.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

r1_pete

Post by r1_pete »

Thanks Dave, I've just converted an E Type to injection / ExtraEFI MS2, and getting pretty familiar with MS, I'd post pics but its 2 pots short :lol:

I need to find an engine, and I think a GM180 bell housing with a concentric slave will best suit my need, I was also thinking of using a Holley carb as a throttle body, and modifying a single plane manifold to take port injectors, I do like the classic look of the central round air filter.
1967 4.2 E Type with custom EFI
1988 Porsche 944 collecting V8 conversion bits

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”