OK I'm convinced !!

General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

OK I'm convinced !!

Post by mgbv8 »

That Trevor Langfields WON pulsoids are far superior to the Holley / Generic ones when used with a pulse controller. I've been doing some testing today, and the delivery is very smooth and not at all jerky like the old one's I was using. It took a little while to get used to the lack of kick in the back from the old fixed hit system that I'm used to. Now I have to educate myself to not want to feel the big kick, but to feel the steady increase in G force as the controller ramps up. I love it. I reckon this system is going to take me into the 11's in 2007. Thanks to Trev and the team, I should be trialling the 200 shot before Xmas if the weather holds out. :D :D :D

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Fantastic stuff, thanks for the heads up.

What's the rest of the engine spec? Every day my lust for a little tipple of N20 grows and grows...... :lol:

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

N2o is good fun 8)
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Hi Lewis
Pre SD1 RV8 3500 with a Typhoon cam and Rhoades lifters. Stage 2 3500 heads with standard size valves + a full balance of the bits by Real Steel before I put it all back together.
3 speed auto tranny and all the rest is standard MGB drive train apart from a Phantom grip diff locker. I took her out again today with a set of 125 jets in, and it behaved very well apart from the odd loss of traction as the roads were damp.
I'm just about to fit a remote ignition timing module, so I can retard the timing from inside the car. This will be a real bonus for me as it will save all the grief of getting the strobe out each time I change the nitrous boost.
I reckon my engine will be happy with about 4 degrees of retard at a 200 shot. But I'll start at 6 degrees and tune it from there.
If you are doing a fixed hit of nitrous up to 75bhp and your tranny and traction are up to it you should be ok with generic solenoids. If you want to get serious I would recommend changing to Trevors Pulsoids and a controller. I am actually using a Twisted sanity 'mini me' controller for 2007. But I think I may upgrade to one of Trevor's more versatile units in the future.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Tony
I've seen you run at the Pod many times, but have never managed to say hello. You know what its like when the queue is big. I must try to meet you in 2007. I'm gagging to have a look around that Capri of yours. Looks like a very nice motor. I'm tempted to have another one. Used to have a 3000 GT many moons ago. About 25 years ago actually. Yellow with a vinyl top and a set of Wolfies. Very nice.

IainB
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by IainB »

Im watching progress over on Trev's site with regard to the new plate system, Ron Haslett made good progress with the switch from an American plate to the new one, just need to get my car up and running first and then spray 400 or so 8-)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

mgbv8 wrote:Tony
I've seen you run at the Pod many times, but have never managed to say hello. You know what its like when the queue is big. I must try to meet you in 2007. I'm gagging to have a look around that Capri of yours. Looks like a very nice motor. I'm tempted to have another one. Used to have a 3000 GT many moons ago. About 25 years ago actually. Yellow with a vinyl top and a set of Wolfies. Very nice.
yeah by all means come say hi, im usually around with ian stewart (also from this forum),
im hoping to come out with 150 shot next year, and with the new tyres trying to get out of the 13's,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

You talking about the Spider plate Ian?
It was supposed to be out this month, but I gather there have been some delays. Looks like a good alternative to direct port if you dont want the expense of direct port mods eh?

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Thanks for the info mgbv8 :) I shall bear that all in mind! 8-)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Tony
Ian with the White MK2 Tina?

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

yes mate.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

You doing the Saturday night special in Feb? I hope to be there with the Chav lights fitted!!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

possible mate,
im doing some ecu work and setting her up to run closed loop with the gas,
i ideally would like to sort a cam and other bits out before hitting the track next year,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Developed a problem with the new setup. Always in 3rd (which is top gear for me) at around 5300 rpm. Took two bottles of gas to find that the controller is resetting itself to start value for some reason?
Did two test runs today and 1st one failed, 2nd run went all the way.
Looks like I may have some probs with the old Twisted-sanity controller.

I'm going to check all the electrical conns again and stick my recording voltmeter on the supply to the controller to see whats going on. I think its more likely to be a vibration harmonic thats causing the problem. Only ever happens in 3rd gear???????

I'll remount the controller on rubber mounts to see if that helps. But I think I'll end up ringing Trevor Langfield to order one of his little jobbies!!

Merry Christmas to all you Nos heads out there!!

Perry

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Same to you Perry
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”