scimitar se6 axle.

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

scimitar se6 axle.

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi all
Have'nt been on here for ages but good to see the usual suspects still kicking around.
Has anyone got any good close up pictures of the arse end of a SE6 chassis and axle set up please.
I have a hankering to build a hot rod and think that the chassis from one of these would fit the bill quite nicely but need to see what is what before I make a choice.
It wont be for a while yet but knowledge is good.
Anyone help?

cheers
P (now officially old according to my kids :lol: )

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

It's pretty much the same as my se5 so I have loads of pictures. On my phone at the moment though but I will post a link later on.

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Marki
That would be really good if you would'nt mind.
As many as you have got from as many angles as you like please.

cheers
P

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

most of them are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/1123481024 ... directlink

if you need anything more specific give me a shout. The 6 and the 5 aren't completely identical but other than size it will give you a good idea of what they are like.

JSF55
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by JSF55 »

I helped a mate out ..... it was well beyond his ability ! 41 willys pick up on a scimitar chassis, no idea of model as it was bought 10 % done :lol: some pics here

http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/showthr ... 73&page=12
So thats where it went !

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi guys
Thanks for the pics they are just what i was looking for !!
A 4 bar,Watts linkage and coilovers all from the factory?
Cant get much better than that for a hot rod.
Marki do you happen to know what the rear track width is please.
This would be most helpful.

I want to build a model A delivery and so far the Scimitar chassis looks to be about as good as I can get right from the get go.

Thank you again lads.

cheers
P

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

"I want to build a model A delivery "

Good boy :twisted: :D :twisted:
Best regrads
Mike
poppet valves rule!

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Mike
Glad you approve :D
How goes the slingshot?

P

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Paul
the slingshot is just short of sparks. . . trying to find out why with the help of Perry and Reg (r2d2hp). If I had spark I would be running as it is I am very baffeled, but I suspect it is an earth issue. Work for the weekend debugging it but I will get there!
Now back to real issues which big block motor will this delivery have? turbocharged, supercharged or buckets of nitrous? where is the body comming from? steel or fiberglass or carbon fibre? rear end, 10 bolt, jag or 9" . . . . colour?
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Mike
Are you a Sith lord or something because you do lead people to the dark side :lol:
The plan and it is only a plan at the moment is to build a grp bodied fully fendered Delivery with the motor and box that Mrs G was going to have in her car but she no longer wants a V8??????
The Scimitar set up will be more than a match for a 3.6 V8.
It will be white with my business logo on the sides,15x6 and 15x7 five spokes and just a basic simple build.
I think I can manage to chop the roof a little if required and just have a fun and simple rod.
I have a shed load of stuff here already so reckon I can do a budget build using a lot of stuff from the Scimitar and with the kit here.
What do you think?

cheers
P

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
sounds like a very good plan, the back axel should be up to alot of abuse and the basic chassis, given a couple of diagonals, should be a good start. . . I cant help thinking a basic build 454 chevy, cast crank, cast pistons, cheep ally heads (procomps) and a 2 plane inlet manifold and a lumpy cam could be done for very little money and would sound superb. With a 'glide and a moderate stall converter it would the ultimate lazy boy sleeper! I will send you a car craft to have a read of (and you can stick the pictures around your garage).
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Sorry for the delay, just out of hospital. The info I can find has the track at 55.5" but I don't know how accurate that is. Something in my mind tells me that the 6 is 4" wider than the 5 but again its just a hunch. I will get better measurements for you eventually but its going to take me a while to get down the garage probably.

Yes the 4 bar and watts is stock on the 5 and the 6 series Scimitars. In some ways they were quite advanced for their day.

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Marki and Mike
No need to apologies for the delay at all.
I hope that your stay in hospital was for something minor and that you will be back on your feet soon.
Now I have some dimensions I can find out what the model A width is with a bit of research.
This build will not happen for a while because I have two others to complete first but a plan of attack is always the way I like to do things so thank you for your help so far
:D

Mike
I will look forward to getting the mag from you.

cheers
P

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Little hijack here, is it hard to fit the Jag LSD to the scimitar Se5 diff,
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Yes the central diff casting is the same just the scim has tubes welded on to make it an axle. It all goes together as easy as any other diff build.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”