Davies DJ, Jono FD3 replies to PMs

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Davies DJ, Jono FD3 replies to PMs

Post by kiwicar »

Hi chaps
I don't seem to be able to post replies to your PMs, they are getting stuck in my outbox. . .
so for Dave
Hi
a good deep oil pan will help oil control and avoid oil starvation, the splash screen/ windage tray is a good thing to have, this is a step up from a stock sump. I would invest in a crank scraper as well to get the most from it.
Now for the warning bit! Confused check the pan is for a stock block, many aftermarket blocks for big capacity SBCs have wider pan rails (as per later bowtie blocks) and use a special sump, this may be one as I think you need a 4 inch throw crank to get 434Ci, take a ruler and check.
Good luck
Mike"

For Juno
Hi
I would think that cam will be a fairly good match for your heads, it will not over cam the heads but still have enough duration to rev to a good 6k revs so should make a a well balanced torquey motor adding the 1.6 ratio rockers will probably give a little more, probably equivalent to another 4 or 5 degrees on the cam duration, probably worth having and it should pull like a train. From what I remember you have a fair amount of compression so I would go for all the cam timing you can. I would make sure, if you are going for a distributor set up, that it is in top new condition, better still use a crank trigger kit or better still megajolt and a pair of fiesta coil packs, you will be close to the edge on compression with only 235 odd degrees of timing, you don't want any spark scatter or it will detonate. With that cam and compression the torque should be excellent especially with good headers and a well set up carb/carbs.
best regards
Mike

poppet valves rule!

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

I think they stay in your outbox until the recipient has opened them.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “General Chat Area”