SPEEDO & REV COUNTER-WHICH SET UP FOR GT6 V8

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

gt6v8

SPEEDO & REV COUNTER-WHICH SET UP FOR GT6 V8

Post by gt6v8 »

Just on the last stages of finishing my GT6 3.5 v8 project. I wanted some help in selecting speedo & rex counter options.
Currently have original GT6 smiths mechanical gauges but need to mate them up to the SD1 engine with lt77 gearbox.Both gauges have a screw on thread at the back for the cables,but I notice the speedo cable for sale to fit the lt77 gearbox have either a release arm connector or eurosnap connection to the back of the clock.?(rimmers)
Also how do I connect the rev counter.I,m aware the gauges will need recalibrating.
Is it an easier option to go for all new electronic gauges with the expense & whats involved?
PS -Im running the original GT6 diff 3:89:1 ratio, would I gain anything by changing to a different ratio gt diff. I cant afford the uprated diff options yet.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

many smiths instruments are easily interchangable, you may well find the internals of a sdi tach will bolt right into the GT6 case, sometimes without mods to the can, I have done plenty over the years, all you have to watch is the sweep of the tach against the triumph tach, they need to be the same,
another option may be looking at the stag tach,
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Or MGBV8 tach.

Speedograph richfield will recalibrate a speedo if needs be too.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Return to “Your Cars”