Small block Ford into TR7

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Markus

Small block Ford into TR7

Post by Markus »

I'm building a TR7 V8 for club level Motorsport and being the contrary mongrel that I am I want to go with a small block Ford V8 rather than Rover.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Will it fit?
Front or rear sump oil pan?
Can I use the usual TR8 front crossmember with mounting points?

I'll be using a Tremec T5 box.
Help! This is doing my head in.
Mark

Mark
Triumph TR7/V8 race car
Triumph TR6 road car

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
Not done it but is sounds like a jolly good idea to me :D , well that is if we are talking windsor and not cleveland. The ford is longer than the rover about 2 inches, depending on warter-pump fitted to either, the ford is easier to convert to remote electric pump. The 302 block is a little narrower, the 351 a smidge wider same for height to rocker covers height to top of manifold is probably more flexable on the ford. there are versions of the ford manifold with the runners above the plenum and with the inlet to the plenum below the rocker cover height like the LS1 manifolds.
If you can modify the front bulk head without falling foul of your local testing regulations then you will be able to do this with very little difficulty, fitting the box should require little more than a bit of bashing of the tunnel with a hammer and making up some mounts.
If all else fails shove the radiator in the boot, along with a sack of spuds to ballance up the handling.
Bestr Regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Mark »

Stumbled across this today..

http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/JasonHemphill.htm

Any help ?
302 V8 Sierra 5 door sleeper under way

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”