EDELBROOK CARB SET UP ON V8- need help

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Aminv8

EDELBROOK CARB SET UP ON V8- need help

Post by Aminv8 »

hi - I've just fitted an edelbrook carb on my v8 engine and have no idea about setting it up- is their any one in yorkshire/wakefield area who can help to set it up please willing to pay for th setup

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Generally out of the box they tend to overfuel and need leaning out.If you search these forums there's a few suggested known rod/jet combos that will get you close.

Essentially you adjust the rod/jet combinations richer or leaner in the idle/cruise areas and the wide open power areas. You can get a complete rod/jet kit to do the calibration yourself. This PDF explains how to adjust the calibration in stages richer or leaner (page 10)
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mis ... manual.pdf

It's a 4 barrel carb, initially you are focusing on calibrating the cruise/power mode - which is the combination of rods, jets and springs against the primary throttles.
When you floor it (WOT) the secondary throttles open up which have simple jets - which you can calibrate up or down accordingly. Only adjust the WOT settings once you have cruise/power mode sorted.

Using a wideband lambda sensor you can verify the results yourself - which will cost less than paying someone else to do it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zeitronix-Wid ... SwMVdYEJr1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Innovate-Moto ... SwcdBWRKsd
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Aminv8

Post by Aminv8 »

Thanks Elliot - bit technical for me don't wanna mess it up - any one you know of in Wakefield dewsbury area and what sort of cost are involved

Richard P6
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Richard P6 »

I've been over to a rolling road in Doncaster DN12 2AQ, chap named John Sleath.

He is conversant with the weber, and has all the tuning kit, control rods jets etc.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Richard P6 wrote:I've been over to a rolling road in Doncaster DN12 2AQ, chap named John Sleath.

He is conversant with the weber, and has all the tuning kit, control rods jets etc.
Yes John is reputable - give him a buzz first though to make sure he's familiar with the Edelbrock carbs, would be suprised if he's not.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

Eliot wrote:
Richard P6 wrote:I've been over to a rolling road in Doncaster DN12 2AQ, chap named John Sleath.

Yes John is reputable - give him a buzz first though to make sure he's familiar with the Edelbrock carbs, would be suprised if he's not.
From memory he does know these carbs, years ago I was going to use him but in the end I purchased an Innovate LC1 and learnt how to setup an Edelbrock carb myself.

Richard P6
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Richard P6 »

I should have put that he is conversant with the edelbrock, and not called it a weber. He tells me that he knows them very well and has set up many of them.

Richard

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”