Running in Cam - 4.6 RV8

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

It's the same sort of effect. Charge up an inductor and when you remove the 'charge' you get a large pulse (greater than the charge voltage)

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

russell_ram
Getting There
Getting There

Post by russell_ram »

DaveEFI wrote:So this presumably means all RV8s (and all pushrod engines) had this running in procedure carried out at the factory?
I can absolutely guarantee that no engine out of the factory had any kind of run in procedure at all and were also all started without any kind of oil pump priming or 'special assembly lube' either over what was splashed around during engine build.

Having said that, they were generally started up in vehicle within a few days of being built unlike the many months (or years LOL) that ours often sit between build and start up.
Rover Powered to 11.63sec @ 128mph.

garrycol
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by garrycol »

And maybe the reason that many OEM cam shafts had a very short life - usually just out of warranty.

The cam and lifters I have are no OEM but the maker specifies a special run in procedure - and they are better quality than the original stuff.

garry

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

garrycol wrote:And maybe the reason that many OEM cam shafts had a very short life - usually just out of warranty.

The cam and lifters I have are no OEM but the maker specifies a special run in procedure - and they are better quality than the original stuff.

garry
You and I are on the same page, I stated the same thing a few posts back.

Some people are of the opinion that if Rover did not do something then it is a waste of time because Rover must know what they were doing. I don't agree with this idea, Rover made many changes to the engine throughout the V8's life which means that they were cocking things up then changing them as time went by.

Return to “Engines Area”