Rover v8 injectors what replacements can be used

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

please think im being funny here ...
but for the cost of getting the injectors serviced you could fit a single point LPG kit and only use petrol as a reserve like i do ....
all the parts are avalible on ebay used or new ...
you will not notice a drop in performance and its less than 70p a litre at the moment ..
any stories you hear about having to start on petrol are rubbish .. ive run my engine on LPG for over 6 years now and winter or summer it starts on gas everytime :-)
LPG is such a simple thing to fit its just common sense ...
i have even now removed the AFM completely as its a flapper one and gets in the way of smooth flow but with your 3.9 hotwire its even easier :D

remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

itsallrovernow

Post by itsallrovernow »

Which part of the injector sticks when it hasn't been used for a long time? Been off the car .
A burton

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

bodger wrote:please think im being funny here ...
but for the cost of getting the injectors serviced you could fit a single point LPG kit and only use petrol as a reserve like i do ....
all the parts are avalible on ebay used or new ...
you will not notice a drop in performance and its less than 70p a litre at the moment ..
any stories you hear about having to start on petrol are rubbish .. ive run my engine on LPG for over 6 years now and winter or summer it starts on gas everytime :-)
LPG is such a simple thing to fit its just common sense ...
i have even now removed the AFM completely as its a flapper one and gets in the way of smooth flow but with your 3.9 hotwire its even easier :D
Fitting a gas conversion to a vehicle that already has an existing problem makes no sense to me at all.

New injectors from fiveomotorsport makes sense to me - they have been around for ages as i bought my injectors from them years ago.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”