Wheel Alignment

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Wheel Alignment

Post by Rossco »

At the first service the dealer reported that the wheel alignment was out. Specifically the toe angle on the front N/S and the caster angle on the front O/S.

The resulting tyre wear meant I had to purchase a new set of tyres this weekend.

I've approached Jaguar to see what contribution they are prepared to make but have now received the exact same response 3 times, that being that it's due to normal wear and tear etc.

I can understand toe angles being impacted by road surface but I've not experienced caster angle being impacted.

Interestingly having charged me £72 for the wheel alignment the caster angle is still out of specification.

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

Typical dealer response for anything is normal wear and tear, but if the angles are still out of spec including tolerances then surely the car was not built properly. If that's the case its time to start being a complete pain in the derrier to the dealer as pester power does work, also try going direct to JLR
Range Rover 630R or otherwise known as the Money Pit
MS2 with switch MAPS for LPG
Techedge Wideband Sensor

Denis247
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Denis247 »

In the old days the dealership mechanics were always considered the best, and you could boast that your Jag was always serviced by a jag garage.

That situation changed many years ago.
Lotus Elite 4.6 Spydersport 'Donington' conversion

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Sadly that is true. I worked for a Merc dealership as an Apprentice in the '80s and our workshops had a great reputation.
Now days, they have imbeciles working for them and they have you by the short and curlies with warranties and diagnostics computers that cost the earth to buy.
Cheers,
John

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Wonder what Kev would have to say about this as he is a master tec for Jaguar. Mike, Perry can we ask him for Rossco?

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

Having notified JLR 4 days ago that I wish to escalate this to a complaint I've not heard a peep from them.

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

I can't speak for the UK Dealerships, but a mate had an issue with his Audi Cabriolet some years ago with a few service recalls that had been issued in Europe and not done on his car in South Africa and after a few fights with the Dealer, he went straight to the Mother Ship in Germany and they rained all sorts of poop down on their SA branches for ignoring the recalls, and they gave him a loaner while it was in for the work, too.
Cheers,
John

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”