rover 3.9 exhaust

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

forestrynick

rover 3.9 exhaust

Post by forestrynick »

Hi all,

Currently mid-way through a rather slow off-road buggy build with rover 3.9 from a disco.

For the time being I plan to use the original front section - with the original cats (by the way, why are these different on either side?)

What would you suggest for rear silencer? don't mind it being loud but not excessive and more bothered about reliable performance.

I will in due course replace with tubular manifolds and nicer front section but this helps keep initial build cost down (plus will probably get a 4.6 to rebuild whilst I enjoy playing with it as is).

Thanks

Nick

ps I have done some searching but getting lost in hundreds of post and so much dubious info on the net!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I've got a couple of 2.5" straight through ones from Jetex, one after the other. I found one to be a little too noisy, but two are OK.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

I fitted a couple of oval 2 1/4 silencers from Summit for very little dosh and they work great with a really nice tone to them.
Edlebrock do some really good units too but they are a bit pricey.

P

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Hooker Aerochamber Mufflers on both sides.
They out perform Flowmasters.
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”