1984 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser to V8 Conversion Help.....

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

JonnyEnglish

1984 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser to V8 Conversion Help.....

Post by JonnyEnglish »

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well, my name is Jon English yes like the film. :) I have just purchased a Capri but it is in need of some TLC before it is even drivable. Its a 1984 laser that started life as a 1.6, however this was a barn find and the previous owner had fitted what I believe to be a 2.0 litre sierra engine (maybe?) anyway you guys might see different and be able to give more information on this.

The Capri is going to be restored over the next year or so by me and the wench (my wife for tea breaks). This is the second car that we have restored, the first being a 1989 classic mini which turned out pretty good! My plan is to get the bodywork perfect, remove the sierra engine and whack in a ford 302 V8 or a chevy 350 V8. The problems I am having is locating parts.... engines seem fairly easy to find on eBay but does anyone know where to get engine mounts and things ready made for the Capri or will these need to be fabricated? Is there some sort of kit you can buy? Does anyone have any advice on whether its worth looking into getting a rover v8 (would prefer american muscle though)? basically I'm looking for any information that may help me with this project.... I would like to see around the 300bhp mark. We've got loads of work to do as the cars a wreck but looking forward to starting it!

Thanks for any help or advice

Jonny

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”