Racelogic Traction Control System & MegaSquirt

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racelogic Traction Control System & MegaSquirt

Post by richardpope50 »

Does anyone have installed a Racelogic traction control system plus Megasquirt ECU?

I'm having compatibility problems with full story on MS Forum, but would like to see your experience. Thanks.

Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

After a few contacts with Racelogic regarding me driving the car to them so that they can diagnose the problem, to their credit they have agreed to swap the TCS unit for a different version so a big thank you to them.

(Full story on MS Forum.)
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

Pinching a post on the MS Forum from DaveEFI, Dave suggested that it may be worth wiring my RV8 injector banks thus

Ignoring my Traction Control System, does anyone else have an opinion on wiring the two banks this way or the traditional odd / even banks.

(Thanks Dave.)
Richard.

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Presuming you run your exhaust left and right bank and no cross over it means your O2 sensors will be getting an average reading per bank averaging across the 2 batch fired sets

Wiring all together and you do not get the averaging

It is also done in a similar way on most 4 barrel carb manifolds

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

Oh yes.

Perhaps I should have said that I have two separate exhaust systems (one per side). Also, I have just one Lambda sensor that happens to be in the driver's side exhaust system so the MS unit is at the moment only getting an average of the O2 position based currently on the even bank. I guess changing to the above pattern, I'll actually get a better average being of both bank firings.
Richard.

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”