Running a heater from edelbrock and intermediate front cover

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Automania
Getting There
Getting There

Running a heater from edelbrock and intermediate front cover

Post by Automania »

Hi apologies if this has been covered before, I have searched it but couldn't find anything out. I'm fitting an edelbrock manifold with an intermediate front cover. As standard the heater is run from the back of the water pump and then returns into the back of the inlet manifold, or vice versa (not sure which way it actually flows). So this leaves me with the problem of my new setup that I have no take off on the back of the water pump. I can send the oth heater pipe to the back of the manifold as normal, but can't think where to get the other hose to feed from

Also I have one of the stat outlet elbows with the smaller take off, I'm wondering what's this used for?

Any help much appreciated as always :)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Running a heater from edelbrock and intermediate front c

Post by mgbv8 »

Automania wrote:Hi apologies if this has been covered before, I have searched it but couldn't find anything out. I'm fitting an edelbrock manifold with an intermediate front cover. As standard the heater is run from the back of the water pump and then returns into the back of the inlet manifold, or vice versa (not sure which way it actually flows). So this leaves me with the problem of my new setup that I have no take off on the back of the water pump. I can send the oth heater pipe to the back of the manifold as normal, but can't think where to get the other hose to feed from

Also I have one of the stat outlet elbows with the smaller take off, I'm wondering what's this used for?

Any help much appreciated as always :)

Heater feed is from the back of the manifold and then back to the suction side of the water pump. So you need to run the outlet / return pipe from the heater into the bottom hose somehow. I did this a while back for a mate by making a copper Tee piece and splicing into the bottom hose with jubillee clips.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Dixie6789
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dixie6789 »

Hi Perry.

I know this thread is a couple of yrs old, but I am at that stage with my 4.6.

Did you take the pipe under the carb/between gasket? I have taken my around the side of the engine bay and into the bottom pipe from the rad.

Ta M
Mark

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

On front covers like that, the bottom hose has the thermostat in it, and that is where all the return pipes run into, including the heater.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Dixie6789
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dixie6789 »

I have done it differant. The eddie manifold has a thermostat outlet/by pass pipe that i have connected to the bottom hose. The return heater hose has been routed around the engine bay, also into the bottom hose.

My 4.6 has a intermediate front cover, plus didnt know about the thermostat.

Thanks for the info Chris

Mark
Mark

Return to “Cooling Area”